Wednesday, May 13, 2009

holding these proverbs close to me today. x

"trust in the Lord with all your heart, & lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight" 3:5-6
"commit to the Lord whatever you do, & your plans will succeed" 16:3

& not sure what passage this is. but i keep it in my blackberry under 'notes'. i refer to it whenever i need to. :) it gives me strength in busy NYC to push on :) "be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your GOD goes with you, he will never leave you or forsake you" - this was particularly helpful after my apartment was broken into.

lastly, here is a picture from our trip to Paris, the Notre Dame Cathedral. the hkyplayer is not confirmed and has long stated he is for the "golden rules" but is not Catholic nor religious. He does not attend church...unless my family makes him. However, we were both blown away by the Cathedral and the vast number of paintings of the Crucifixion and Mary in the Louvre..such a long history.
In France the hkyplayer began asking where my confidence comes from about religion and how I am so sure. Basically, for proof. I know he needed some 'science-based' answers. We spoke about stigmata and the bleeding tears of Catholic statues. I told him my personal anecodote..when visiting Momma's parents in Florida- the image of Mary appeared on a bank. Scientists tested and tested but could not explain any reason on how the image appeared. It had a look of the rainbow prism, every color accounted for and outlining the famous image. I was probably 12. But I still remember this huge glass building in front of me. If you Google..the pic still will come up. I choose not to post it because these are just my anecodotes. I do not mean to preach.
Hkyplayer then asked how my Momma would take questions if he confided in her. *She was my religion teacher, an avid church volunteer, and my mentor when it comes to religion. Of course- she would love discussing with him and was thrilled he was open to it all, but I digress, the following morning, I did a quick search of stigmata pics in case he wanted to see them. I waited for him to ask me. He did..and of course, he was blown away. Regardless, hkyplayer follows the Commandments without even knowing them by heart. He treats others the way he would like to be treated, looks for the good in others and is the most trust worthy, compassionate man. I will get married in a Catholic church, I will continue to expand my religious path and will raise my children in the Catholic church. I hope that I can help provide some education if he wants it. But I love him just the way he is! Hkyplayer's parents sure did a fantastic job with my boy. Cannot wait to see them all on May 21st.


Happy Wednesday. xx

No comments: