Friday, June 19, 2009

t.g.i.f. folks


hope everyone has a great weekend!! tonight katie & i are going to happy hour at UNOs. everytime i go to a 'chain restaurant' in the city i feel lame because we have so many unknown lil hot spots but heres why! i went for a run last Sunday before my hostess job and stumbled across this new plaza RIGHT next to my apartment. cute outdoor seating for UNOs, AppleBees, Panera & Starbucks! Ok. might not sound like ground breaking news per say...in Upstate NY (where I am from originally) we have one of these plazas every half mile...but in QUEENS! no such thing! we are on a budget. but UNOs offers those great 1/2 appetizer menus for happy hr. ever since I ran past it I am craving!!!! Her boyfriend is coming into town so it will be an early night. Fine by me! Saturday I might meet up with Janel...she just moved to the Upper East Side & I am yet to see her apartment. Sunday I am working an extra long shift because of Father's Day. Ok by me. Momma & Dad are off to Cayman Islands Sunday anyway. (JERKS!) & I need the money...I plan on buying a couple new sundresses for my time with the hkyplayer up in Montreal next weekend!! YIPEE! I hope everyone enjoys the weekend & has the chance to have some special time for their Dad's! xx


heres a pic of Katie & I's Coney Island weekend last week! It was FREEZING...not a beach day. Our bikinis did not see the light of Day! But it was still fun to go & experience it. I Blackberry Googled the history of Coney Island & it dates back to the 1600's. Native American's were the first to name it Coney Island. Cool or what?..Our friend Alison took the shots. Needless to say, shes an amazing photographer...




No comments: