Wednesday, September 9, 2009

updates updates...

I will be working from the NYC office for my last two weeks at my old job. My company did ask if I would work the week-in-between-jobs, September 21st from home.. I said yes. Mainly because I feel guilty leaving them hanging and I know how necessary it is. Hkyplayer & I are hoping I will be working from Montreal for the week of September 21st, and possibly catch one of his games too! Yipee. Hkyplayer accused me of not sounding excited about the pending mini-vaca. but what can one expect. I am nervous about starting at a new job, first days are seriously terrible. I really I think you feel ignorant for the first week-3 months at a new position.

My parents are so graciously coming down the weekend of September 18th to move me out of the city and back Upstate. They are staying in a nice hotel and hopefully can find it relaxing. I plan on doing most of the work so that they can just load up and go. I do have a girl interested in my apartment, I find out this Friday if she officially takes over the lease (huge finger cross)..I also offered all of my furniture..it is mainly Ikea replaceable stuff. We will see how that all goes. It would be nice to not have to move a bunch of heavy things.
Heres some news for ya!!!

One of Hkyplayer's best friends from Montreal and prepschool is staying with me. Yes, in the lil studio. We are talking about close living folks! He is a very nice guy, I consider him a friend too..but still. I mean..he is crashing on a futon and when the futon is flat it is like 3 ft from my bed. It is hilariously awkward. I mean, I am typically in bed around 9 pm...just watching tv and relaxing post-workout....I can't really do that when I am having to be a hostess..filling wine glasses, getting his bed ready..again. this is just hysterical!! He is currently doing an internship with National Geographic and is searching desperately for an apartment.. He is hoping to finalize by the weekend. It is all fine and not a big deal..but have I said it is really awkward?!!! Oh life!!

{{See Small-Sized-Studio Apartment Below}}...

(this pic was when I first moved in-hence why the walls are so fricking bare etc.)
(ps..Hkyplayer was NOT having it when his friend asked me. But what can you do! He did not want to seem like a jealous boyfriend and really theres no reason to worry in that realm..it was kind of one of those things that you really didnt want to make up an excuse for, and from my point of view, Hkyplayer once housed 2 of my girlfriends for a couple days so I will do the same in return) We are all just one big happy family !!

This weekend one of my college bffs Stephanie will be in town. She has been in NYC once every couple weekends (thank heavens). As she is working and a bridesmaid/maid of honor in about a million weddings around NY. We will get together Saturday afternoon for some shopping most likely and a good dinner/drinks.
{{ Steph & I last visit}}

Sunday morning we are running in the Susan G. Komen 5K in Central Park. I ran in the race last year and really loved it. It is so inspirational running amongst women with "Survivor" tshirts- or "In Memory Of". I am looking forward to it. However! I have been changing my sneakers around this week and my body is not happy. My legs felt so heavy on yesterdays run, and I am yet to get my Fuel Belt in the mail (pouting), and the water bottle I was running with- holding it. (Not annoying at all)..ha.. felt like a million pounds. It was a sticky situation because I wanted to chuck it in the trash mid-run but knew I would regret not having it for the end of my run...
ok ok!! done complaining! :) Happy Wednesday...ahhh short weeks are heaven....

1 comment:

Chic Runner said...

I love your bedding! I saw that before and I really like it :)